Dance lessons are a great way to learn something new, to get some exercise, and to meet new people. No matter your age or your physical abilities, and no matter if you’re learning dance moves for a certain reason or just for fun, it can be a great investment to sign up for dance classes.
Here are just a few interesting facts about this fun activity:
- The very first recorded proof of dancing is dated from a long time ago — it was found in the form of cave paintings, located in India, which are believed to date back at least 9,000 years.
- The Ancient Egyptians used dancing for a variety of purposes, including entertainment purposes and as part of religious festivals.
- Ballroom dancing has a very rich history! The term comes from the Latin verb “ballere,” which means “to dance,” and it’s now recognized as an Olympic sport.
- Ballroom dancing was especially popular during the late 17th century under the rule of King Louis XIV, who founded a dance studio, the Academie Royale de Musique et de Danse in order to provide expert ballroom dancing instruction to patrons. He even created a set of rules for the dance!
- Dancing isn’t just beneficial for staying fit and healthy; it’s also been known to relieve stress and to promote a healthier mental state.
- These days, dance studios typically provide a variety of lessons to students of all ages. From ballroom dancing lessons to dance lessons for weddings, dance studios will have a variety of classes for dancers of all skill levels.
So now it’s time for you to decide — is it time to look for a dance studio nearby? You might just be surprised by how much you can learn and how much you’ll grow after just a few lessons!
“We’re fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance,” says one Japanese proverb. Ballroom dancing lessons may not exactly be your version of fun, but if you’re getting married, it’s a good idea to put them on your to-do list. The wedding dance is a special moment to open your marriage. You wouldn’t want to half effort on your duty as a couple, would you? Aside from pleasing your significant other and your audience, below are some other great advantages to dance lessons for wedding dance.
Dace classes are a great place to socialize. In fact, studies show that movement like dance can address health issues like depression as well as obesity. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to fit your newly found friends in at the wedding, because limits are a thing! But that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t get out there and make some new friends at your new dance studio.
Stay healthy and stress free.
Dance is known to relieve stress and tension. It can also help take your mind off of the planning chaos that often happens before a wedding. People find all kinds of ways to cope with wedding-induced stress and dancing is, no doubt, one of the healthier and more productive options.
Entertain your friends.
Your friends will so impressed when you getup there and strut yourself. They will recognize that you’re putting yourself out there and they’ll truly appreciate the show.
You’re going to spend the rest of your life with your significant other. During the wedding planning process, that often gets lost. Even if you don’t plan to do a coordinated wedding dance, dance classes are, at the very least, a great way to center yourself before the wedding. Dance classes are a perfect form of scheduled, intentional intimacy. Sign up today!